Installing frames; basic instructions
Note: For all vehicle installations:
Use continuous weatherstripping or bead of silicone between frame and bus/truck wall to reduce the possibility of a wind gust causing an unplanned ejection of your sign insert. This is a potential liability, so be careful to seal all installations.
Install with mounting method appropriate to the type of surface you are installing onto. You may want to consult a structural engineer to determine the appropriate self-tapping screws, bolts, rivets or other mounting method.
Most installations include these steps, use them as a guideline and get professional assistance if you're not comfortable with installing the frame yourself.
- Alignment and placement of the frame over the area to be installed
- Application with silicone (securely tape frame into place while silicone cures).
- Check for level installation before silicone cures.
- Tap and drill through frame back and substrate (bus or truck skin) for best mounting practices: Rivets, self-tapping screws or bolts appropriate to the stress of the weight of the frame and insert and the G-force of road bumps.
- Check frame for ease of use.